|Beginning Aug 23, 2022||Applications accepted for Fall 2023|
|Dec 1, 2022||Priority Deadline for best consideration|
|Jan 26-28, 2023||Interviews for invited applicants|
|Feb 16-18, 2023||Interviews for invited applicants|
|April 15, 2023||Deadline to respond to offers of admission|
The Interdisciplinary Graduate Program in Genetics employs a holistic approach to admissions - a weakness in one area of your application can be redeemed by strengths in other areas.
- Submit the application found at https://grad.admissions.uiowa.edu/academics/genetics-phd
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email instructing you on how to upload your supporting documents.
- CV, Personal statement, and Statement of research experience
- Transcripts: A set of your unofficial academic records/transcripts must be uploaded on your Admissions Profile. If admitted, official transcripts are required
- Letters of recommendation: You will need to provide contact information for 3 faculty members familiar with you who will be contacted to provide a recommendation letter
- International Students: Must submit TOEFL or IELTS scores to comply with the University's English Language Proficiency Requirements. The University's institution code is: 6681. Automatic waivers of this requirement are granted for those persons who have completed a bachelor's degree (or higher) at an accredited university in the United States, or any of the countries listed on the Graduate College Admissions website.
- ** There is no GRE requirement for this graduate program. **
- Application fee & deadline
- Application deadline: is December 1st for best consideration with final deadline of January 1st. Complete applications will be reviewed by these dates (completed applications include all required materials).
- Application fee: Application fee is $60 by credit card, $100 for international applicants (fee waiver details). Visit the Big Ten Academic Alliance FreeApp website to see if you qualify for their Program. International students are not eligible for a fee waiver. Applicants who do not qualify for an application fee waiver, including international students will have their application fee reimbursed by the Program if they receive an interview invitation and complete an official interview.